Seven Ways Satan Binds Men
By Dr. Ron Woodworth
Exposing the tactics of the enemy:
“When they accused him of casting out demons by the prince of demons, Jesus spoke this parable: How can Satan drive out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand–nor can a house that is divided against itself stand either…In fact, no one can enter a strong man’s house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man. Then he can rob his house.” (Mark 3:22-27)
Seven demonic traps with the corresponding biblical solutions:
1. Abuse and/or wounding the inner man during youth. As a result the adult man cannot function emotionally/mentally. In effect he has a broken spirit that needs to be healed.
a. Solution: Inner healing for the wounded heart (Proverbs 13:12).
2. Dysfunctional family structure. He never saw a healthy marriage and family modeled and is therefore doomed/cursed to repeat the failure.
a. Solution: Releasing bitter judgments for past offenses, breaking family curses, studying healthy family models in the church, and receiving personal mentoring with from godly men (1 Timothy 3:5).
3. Lust of the flesh. Sexual sins that defile him and render his conscience as his worst enemy.
a. Solution: deliverance, mind renewal, and spiritual disciplines
(2 Peter 1: 5-9).
4. Worldly distractions. Also called lust of the eyes and the pride of life (1 John 2:15-17).
a. Solution: Become a servant of Jesus Christ and make the Kingdom of God your highest priority in life (Matthew 6:33).
5. Financial bondage through excessive debt (Proverbs 22:7).
a. Solution: Liquidation/consolidation and budgeting.
6. Occult involvement breeding spiritual bondage and deception.
a. Solution: Renunciation, deliverance, and discipleship (Colossians 1:13).
7. Passivity. A failure to assume any role of leadership by insecurity or intimidation
a. Solution: Reaffirming your masculine heritage by emulating the character of Christ (Matthew 11:12). See “Seven Authentic Attributes of a Man of God”
Let the Lord be Magnified!